All Good Things

By jtmanley

You all know how the rest of it goes. July 15 is my last day in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Around 8.30 p.m., I will be leave Ezeiza International Airport and fly for 10 hours until I return to the United States (i.e., JFK). I can't really describe how I feel as I finish packing up my things and think about ending this experience. During my time in Argentina I had the good fortune of meeting excellent people from all around the world, learning from great professors, and enjoying Argentina's natural wonders, history, and culture. Studying abroad changed my life. It made me more independent, more confident in my abilities to connect across cultures, and it showed me how much we can learn from one another.

I am so glad that I was able to blog for the Office for Study Abroad this semester. I am thankful to all of you who took the time to read my blog posts along the way. If what I've written has helped you consider studying abroad in Argentina, has given you insight into something you didn't know before, or has just been a nice break from more serious work you might have had, then I am happy. Hopefully, the GW Blog Abroad Scholarship that made these blogs possible will continue to help students in the future.

On a last note, I'd like to thank the Office for Study Abroad and the GW Argentina program advisor, Marcelo Meregalli-Ferrer for helping me through these past five months. This was a team effort, and I would like students to know that OSA's GW programs are a great option to consider if you are thinking about studying abroad.

So here is to the next group that comes along. May you enjoy your time abroad as much as I did.

Todo lo mejor

Josh