MS Project. Research.

Good day, my dear followers! In the following blog post, I would like to stress the project idea selection process and the role of research in it. Additionally, I will share with you some draft ideas I have regarding the Master's studies project.

Coming up with an idea is painstaking work that requires creativity and a good understanding of today's needs. Therefore, to find a proper topic for your thesis or present an idea, one should answer the key questions regarding their ideas.

First of all, make sure that you clearly understand and state what are you going to show/create/develop. In my case, as a former worker of an Oil Company back in Baku I decided to link my project idea with the same industry. This gives me credibility as I have got familiar with the oil data previously. Next, one should check for the existing alternatives for his/her idea. For example, there have been numerous implementations of ML in the oil industry so far and my job is to analyze all available, gather the information and then adjust it to my problem/idea and finally enhance the current versions. Then, make sure you clearly understand the effect your project will make and the list of stakeholders benefitting from it. For me, as the topic is industry-oriented the primary benefit will reflect the company and of course the country because it is a state company. It is also essential to identify the risks you may face both throughout the project and as a final result. Again regarding my project, the main risk is an improper selection of data which may lead to unnecessary use of resources. I would also recommend preparing a list of risks and their possible resolutions, so-called risk analysis. Make sure to prepare timing and budgeting schemes - literally the cost and time required for project realization. In my case, it is about 8 months (time restriction).

To conclude, the above-mentioned points are very critical in project selection or idea presentation. Once you answer them you will be able to convince any special stakeholder. Now coming back to my project. Although it is a draft for now it will be a project on applying ML in the oil industry specifically regarding the Repairs.

Thank you for your attention!