Hi! I’m Farida.

Hi! Welcome to my very first blog of the semester. I am Farida Aliyeva - an MSCSDA (Master of Science in Computer Science and Data Analytics) student. This blog's main objective is to introduce myself to a reader so I hope you will enjoy that.

I was born in Baku - the capital city of Azerbaijan. The city of winds on the Caspian Sea. Currently, I stay in Washington DC and will stay here for 6 months and it is my first experience of living far away from my homeland.

I got my Bachelors's degree in Computer Science from ADA University in Baku, Azerbaijan. The current program that I am enrolled in is a dual degree program of ADA and George Washington Universities majoring in Computer Science and Data Analytics. Also, I would like to express my gratitude to both Universities for providing students with such an opportunity.

Regarding my interests in Computer Science, I am mostly interested in Machine Learning. It caught my attention during my Bachelors's degree. We had lots of practical assignments on real data and a project. Our team (2 people) worked on a Sentiment Analysis on Azerbaijani tweets. Apart from that, I have been working with SAP BI/BW system back in Azerbaijan.

For now, I am specifically interested in applications of Machine Learning in the Petroleum industry and have already made research and written a paper as part of the Big Data course.

One may say that I am not a typical CS person because I am very sociable and can easily get in touch with new people. I have tried numerous hobbies such as painting, playing the piano. I like cycling and reading books (sci-fi, classic).