Academic Programs

MIEP/ITIP: Message from the Program Director

Dear ITIP and MIEP Alumni, I hope you are all well in these extraordinary times.  Since the onslaught of the pandemic last March, the program has been operating smoothly, with virtual classrooms and online social and professional events.  Our current...

MES Students Receive Boren and CLS Scholarships

The Elliott School’s Institute for Middle East Studies congratulates the following five students who received either a Boren Fellowship or Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) from the U.S. State Department to study Middle East languages: Thomas Harris (Boren, Arabic)...

Arabic Book Club – Summer 2018 Edition

Arabic Book Club – Summer 2018 Edition

During the summer, we will be reading Mawsim al-Hijra Ilaa al-Shamaal (Season of Migration to the North) by the late Sudanese author Tayeb Salih. The book club will begin on Saturday, June 2, and run through August. All Middle East Studies alumni and current GW...

Alumni Profile: Danielle Feinstein, BA ’11

What have you been up to since graduation? Right now, I am completing my Master’s in Public Policy at the Harvard Kennedy School, during a sabbatical year on the Boren National Security Fellowship in Oman. Before my MA, I was a Program Coordinator at the Gerhart...

Alumni Profile: Priya Vithani, MA ’16

Alumni Profile: Priya Vithani, MA ’16

After graduating from the University of Virginia in 2013 with an interdisciplinary major in “Human Rights in the Middle East,” Priya came to GW to research the connections between entrepreneurship and democratic development in the Middle East. She was a recipient of...

Faculty Book Spotlight: Arguing Islam After the Revival of Arab Politics

Interview of Dr. Nathan Brown conducted via email by Sumaya Almajdoub, MA ‘17.   Hello Dr. Brown, I’ve enjoyed reading your book, and the first question I wanted to ask you is about the title. Your title mentions the “revival of Arab politics,” what do you mean...

Elliott School of International Affairs

1957 E Street NW, Suite 401
Washington, D.C. 20052

Subscribe to Elliott 360