International Women of Elliott

The Elliott School this fall will launch a new leadership group exclusively for women. The GW International Women of Elliott (I/WE) is designed to raise the global visibility and connectivity of female leaders in the Elliott community.

I/WE’s mission is to “celebrate the many significant successes of the Elliott School’s diverse alumnae across industries, as well as to establish a powerful and influential global network of Elliott women: alumnae, parents, industry leaders, and students,” says Susan Stautberg, MA ’70, co-chair of I/WE and Governance Advisor for Atlantic Street Capital.

Julie Monaco, BA ’85, an executive at Citi and vice chair of the Elliott School Board of Advisors, will also co-chair I/WE. Joining Stautberg and Monaco on I/WE’s executive team are Elliott School Interim Dean Ilana Feldman and Joe Strodel, assistant vice president for development and alumni relations. Dean Feldman shared her full support for the mission of the group stating, “as a woman who leads, I aspire to help other women attain their leadership goals. With great enthusiasm, I look forward to working with this terrific group.”

I/WE comprises three membership circles: the Executive Circle, the Leadership Circle, and the Young Alumnae circle. Members of these groups will work together to organize programs that lift up the voices of female leaders, provide personal guidance to Elliott students who are women, and expand scholarship and fellowship support for Elliott women students.

Be sure to keep an eye out for the launch of International Women of Elliott in October with more events to come later in the year!

To learn more on how to join I/WE, please visit our website to fill out the interest form, and we will contact you with membership details.