GW 2018-19 Call for University Faculty Seminar Proposals
The deadline for 2018-19 University Seminar Proposals is Friday, June 1, 2018. The application should be no more than 3 pages single spaced. It should include the following information:
- A discussion of the topic to be addressed and its importance.
- A discussion of how the Seminar will connect academic research and inquiry to the world outside the University and/or to larger cross-disciplinary issues in the areas of culture, business, policy, science, or other areas of similar dimension.
- A discussion of anticipated outcomes, processes and/or products.
- Names, departmental affiliations, and expertise of faculty who are committed to being a part of the Seminar.
- Names, professional affiliations, and expertise of individuals outside the University who are committed to being a part of the Seminar.
- A plan of action for Academic Year 2018-19, including your ideas for specific events and activities.
Proposals should be submitted to: email@example.com. More information can be found in the email from GW InfoMail on May 11.
Update on the Status of Internal Proposals
All funding decisions for CCAS internal proposals, including CCFF, Enhanced Faculty Travel, Dean's Res Chair, have been made and communicated to the PIs. Funds for these awards will be available by July 1. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The funding decisions for the HFF competition are expected to be made by the end of this week and will be communicated soon thereafter to the applicants by OVPR. Questions on this program can be addressed to Professor Tyler Anbinder at email@example.com.
Update on our SRA Team
Juliana Smith has been promoted to Assistant Director for Research Programs. In this role, she will continue to lead the SRA team in the pre- and post- award administration of our sponsored projects. She will also work with the Associate Dean for Research to implement our research growth strategies and manage the research infrastructure of CCAS. Congratulations to Juliana!
Rebekka Egger, a member of our SRA team since 2015, will take on new responsibilities as a Sponsored Project Administrator (SPA) under OVPR. She will continue to interact with our SRA team in pre-award administration. We look forward to working closely with her in this new role.
Jessica Zamiska, who joined our SRA team last year, has accepted a position of Director of Grants at McAllister and Quinn. She will be missed by all of us, and we wish her the best of luck in her new endeavor.
We are in the process of recruiting new SRAs and will keep the PIs of the impacted departments posted on the coverage plan during the transition.
Planning for Summer
A few general reminders as you prepare for summer
- Closeout for internal grants. If you have an internal grants that ends this fiscal year, be sure you will spend all funds and submit your expense reports by early June. This includes all CCFF, DICE, Enhanced Travel grants made last academic year, and Nick-of-Time awards made this academic year.
- Pre-Award requests If you plan to submit a proposal this summer, we would appreciate your informing us quickly so we can plan ahead. Please submit your request via our webformCCAS Intent to Submit
- Requests for Summer salary from grants can be made online at Faculty Summer Salary Request Form