Limited Proposal Opportunity from the Pew Charitable Trusts
The Pew Charitable Trusts has invited GW to nominate one candidate for the 2019 Pew Scholars Program in the Biomedical Sciences award.
The Pew Biomedical Scholars program supports assistant professors demonstrating outstanding promise in science relevant to the advancement of human health. The award provides $300,000 in support - $75,000 per year for four years.
Eligible, interested faculty may submit a research project summary, C/V, and letter of recommendation from their chair to OVPR as part of the internal selection competition. OVPR will appoint an internal selection committee of 3 or more notable scientists who will select GW's candidate.
Eligible faculty must meet the following criteria:
· Have a doctorate in biomedical sciences, medicine or a related field.
· As of October 15, 2018, will hold full-time appointments at the rank of assistant professor.
· Not appointed before June 29, 2015 (time spent in clinical internships, residencies, or in work toward board certification does not count as part of the three-year limit)
· Must be nominated by their institution. Candidates may be nominated two times in total.
Program Summary, CV, and letter of nomination from department chair due to InfoReady by May 25, 2018.
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Policies for Action: Policy and Law Research to Build a Culture of Health
Application Deadline: June 7, 2018, 3 pm ET
Policies for Action was created to help build the evidence base for policies that can help build a Culture of Health. We are interested in learning how national, state or local policies can promote lifelong health and health equity for individuals, families, and communities; as well as what enabling factors promote the adoption and spread of good policies.
Update on Review Progress for Internal Proposals
We understand your need to learn about the outcome of your submissions so you can plan for your summer. We hope to wrap up the process soon. The details are as follows.
- Dean's Research Chair. All funding decisions have been made and communicated to the applicants. Awards are being processed.
- UFF. OVPR should have notified all applicants by late April. There was an extra large number of submissions this year to the UFF and UFF-Expanded programs.
- CCFF. Following OVPR's decisions on UFF, we are in the process of evaluating the unfunded UFF proposal for possible funding by CCFF. We expect the decisions to be finalized by next week or so.
- Enhanced Faculty Travel. Those decisions are usually made after CCFF to avoid overlap funding. We should be able to notify the PIs in the next 1-2 weeks. Those with urgent travel needs can request expedited decision in email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning for Summer
This is for those expecting summer salary from your external grants and those with proposal submission in the coming months. We appreciate your timely requests through our webforms.
1. Requests for Summer Salary from Grants. It is time to start your requests for summer salary from your grants. We have designed a new webform to facilitate this. Please submit your request ASAP and before mid-May. Faculty Summer Salary Request Form
2. Requests for pre-award support. If you plan to submit a proposal this summer, we would appreciate your informing us quickly so we can plan ahead. Please submit your request via our webform CCAS Intent to Submit
Juliana Smith and Y.R., on behalf of the SRAs.