CCAS Intramural Funding
Due to the ongoing uncertainty of the full impact of COVID-19, and the many other facets of the work of the college which are currently affected by it, we have taken the decision to temporarily hold all final decisions and announcements of Intramural funding awards. We will announce Dean's Research Chairs, CCFF awards, and Enhanced Travel awards and as soon as we reasonably can, but this is not likely to occur for quite some time. We apologize for the inconvenience, but are working to do all we can to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on the college, and ask for your patience in these rapidly changing times.
If, in the light of the current travel restrictions and the delay to the review and award process, you would like to withdraw your Enhanced Travel proposal, in order to preserve your ability to apply in Fall 2020, you can do so via the electronic form here.
Update: Humanities Facilitating Fund
OVPR has updated the Humanities Facilitating Fund call for proposals; all regular-status faculty are eligible to apply.
Deadline: Thursday, April 2, 2020, 12:00pm EDT
Funded projects impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak may be able to receive extensions from OVPR on a case-by-case basis by submitting a request here.
No-Cost Extensions for CCAS Funding
Those of you with Fiscal Year 2020 CCAS internal funding who are planning to request no-cost extensions, in particular for CCFF and Nick-of-Time awards please do so by April 1st in our No-Cost-Extension request webform, so we can gain a full overview of the requested funds.
Sponsored Project Policies During COVID-19
In order to assist you in planning your research activities and supporting your research teams throughout the current pandemic response, in accordance with OVPR, we strongly encourage you to:
- check GW’s COVID-19 website regularly, especially the “University Updates” section,
- follow the university’s COVID-19 prevention protocols, and
- prepare contingency plans for critical research activities.
Several sponsors have responded to COVID-19 by updating their guidelines:
- National Humanities Alliance COVID-19 update
- DOD COVID-19 guidance
- NIH allowing submission deadline extensions, and updating which charges are allowable
- DOE Guidelines on non-refundable cancellation costs
- NSF Guidelines on salaries and non-refundable cancellation costs and NSF FAQ on COVID-19
- OMB memo on allowability of costs
- Simons Foundation Information on COVID-19 Impacts
As new announcements are made, we will add them to the research blog COVID-19 page.
Please feel free to work with your SRA on posting non-recoverable cancellation costs to grants as appropriate. Your SRA will work with OVPR to determine the appropriate way to handle each charge.