UFF and CCFF Announcement
- Letters of intent (LOI) due: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, at 5:00 PM
- Full Proposal Due: Thursday, December 13, 2018, at 5:00PM
Date/Time: Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018 - 4:00pm-5:00pm
Location: Science & Engineering Hall, B1220
- Sidney Fu, Medicine
- MicroRNA Biomarkers in Cancer
- Omur Ozeland, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Optimizing Robustness of Flow Networks against Cascading Failures
- Erik Rodrigues, Chemistry
- Tools to Image Single Molecules to Human Disease
The WoWTALK (What’s our Work) Series brings together colleagues and students from disciplines associated with GW's Science and Engineering Hall—and related fields—to present new research and share ideas. A typical session will consist of three or four talks, each lasting 15-20 minutes. Please bring your colleagues and students to join us and network with each other.
Research in Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Workshop
Date/Time: November 15, 12:00-2:00pm
Location: Gelman Library, Room 302
Description: Profs. María J. de la Fuente and Elizabeth Ruckert share strategies for analyzing your data and resources on campus that offer support, common roadblocks to completing a SoTL project and tips for completing and sharing your research.
NCI Predoctoral to Postdoctoral Fellow Transition Award
NCI F99/K00 Nomination Package (single PDF, not to exceed 3 pages, exclusive of CV/Resume) should include:
- Document Header: Program Title/Fellow Name/School
- Doctoral Dissertation and Research Experience: Provide a brief description of how the combination of past research experiences and the F99/K00 plans contribute to achieving the long‐term career goal.
- Activities Planned Under This Award: Briefly describe the scientific and professional development activities planned for each phase and explain how these activities will facilitate the transition to each subsequent career stage. Include a timeline with scientific, professional development, and career milestones.
- Statement of support/endorsement from GW Sponsor. Potential sponsors should note the NCI requirements regarding sponsor commitment and participation during the award.
- Fellow Resume/CV
GW Research Ecosystem Review:
Per the message from Prof. Valentina Harizanov (sent from Maxine Cogar on Oct. 26), the Post-Award Process Working Group has extended the deadline forPost-Award Survey to be Oct 31, 2018
General updates on this university-wide initiative can be found at
Research Ecosystem Review:
Following our Fulbright Presentation by Mary-Rolfe Zeller of IIE last Wednesday, we are please to share with you the presentation file from Ms. Zeller (with her permission). It is available in our shared google folder (be sure you login to your GW email account): CCAS Research Resources