Convergent Accelerated Discovery Foundries for Quantum Materials Science, Engineering and Information (Q-AMASE-i)
Letter of Intent (required) Deadline: September 17, 2018
Full Proposal Deadline: November 5, 2018
Description: Six-year awards totaling $20,000,000 to $25,000,000 for the award period are anticipated. Q-AMASE-i Foundries will be awarded as cooperative agreements with an initial commitment of six years, with the possibility of one six-year renewal, subsequent to a rigorous and favorable review by NSF.
Please see https://www.nsf.gov/
GW Postdoc Appreciation Day
Date/Time: Friday, September 21st, 2018, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Description: The GW Postdoc Association is celebrating the 3rd GW Postdoc Appreciation Day on September 21st and there are research competitions, networking luncheons and awards open to all GW postdocs. Specific questions can be addressed at email@example.com.
Updated SRA Portfolio and other Reminders
- SRA Portfolios Following the addition of our new SRAs Jessica Harb and Alice Kungu, as announced in our recent Research Updates, we are pleased to share with you the updated pre- and post-award support assignments for CCAS departments, available on our CCAS Research Blog at SRA Portfolios.
- Pre-Award Requests If you plan to submit a proposal this summer, we would appreciate your informing us quickly so we can plan ahead. Please submit your request via our webform CCAS Intent to Submit
- CCAS Internal Grant Reports are due August 31, 2018. Please report at CCAS Internal Grant Report
Juliana Smith, Assistant Director for Research Programs
Yongwu Rong, Associate Dean for Research
Office of Sponsored Projects & Research Enhancement New Location
As you may be aware, the Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) and Research Enhancement (REU) is moving to a centralized location at the Virginia Science & Technology Campus (VSTC). Beginning August 27, 2018, all OSP and REU staff currently located at Rice Hall, 2033 K Street, Ross Hall and 950 New Hampshire Avenue will be physically located at VSTC’s Enterprise Hall (44983 Knoll Drive, Suite 260, Ashburn, VA 20147). Staff contact information (phone numbers and email addresses) will remain unchanged. The office relocation is not expected to adversely impact the university research community, specifically:
- staff will be available during normal business hours as usual;
- staff contact information (phone numbers/exchanges) will remain the same;
- all OSP staff will establish regular meetings at Foggy Bottom with school and department representatives;
- the OSP director will work out of OVPR’s Foggy Bottom office 2-3 days each week; and
- OSP and Research Enhancement staff will continue to hold on-campus meetings, seminars and training events as they do at present.
The Division of Operations will conduct the actual move after close of business on August 23rd – August 25th and staff will begin work in the new location on Monday, August 27. I encourage faculty to submit any proposals due on August 23–28, 2018 by August 22, 2018, if possible and to let our office know of any proposals that are not currently in queue.
I appreciate your patience during this time and look forward to continuing our mission to provide operational excellence in support of GW’s research. Please contact me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or concerns.
Shandra S. White, Director, Office of Sponsored Projects & Research Enhancement