Colonials Weekend 2019 - Friday, September 20th, 2:00-4:00
Psychology Building, 2125 G St. NW (Building GG)
This annual event showcases our department's cutting-edge research through research demonstrations and displays. Additionally, it offers the opportunity for prospective students and their families to speak with faculty and current students for more information about majoring and developing careers in psychology and to connect with our alumni for learning about their experience. Importantly, it provides a great chance to see the new face of the Psychology Building after its summer remodeling.
We welcome students who come with or without their parents, families, and friends; parents who come with or without students; students who major in Psychology or other disciplines; students who are making decision on which major to declare; and alumni who call GW their “Home.”
Refreshments and GW giveaways will be available!
Please come to talk with our undergraduate students, graduate students and faculty to learn more about our department and the fascinating field of science that studies the brain, behavior and health. We look forward to celebrating this special occasion with you and to be a part of your amazing memory of Colonials Weekend 2019.
Here are some of the interesting stations we have lined up:
- Alumni Connector
- Psi Chi National Honor Society
- The Advisor is In
- Careers in Psychology
- Honors Program in Psychological and Brain Sciences
- Visual Search: Find the Weapons demo
- 3D Interactive Brain demo
- Student Wellness Tips
- Applying to Grad School in Psychology
- Dollar Game demo
- Virtual Reality demo
- Physical Activity and Postpartum Depression
- Cognition and Emotion research: Arousal, not Valence, Affects Cognitive Control: Effects of Emotional Stimuli on Conflict Adaptation
- Tanzania & Kenya: The Mothers & Babies Course
- Social vs. Nonsocial Cooperation Strategies
- Racial and Gender Differences in Sun Protection Cognitions and Behaviors
Hope to see you there!